Monday, August 30, 2010

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

   I feel as if in the last four months or so, everything has gone completely right for me.  Between massive changes in my personal life, my trip to Italy, scholarly pursuits, and my new friends I have been happier than I can ever remember. 

   At the same time I can't help but feel that while everything is going right for me at the present moment, any day now everything will just collapse in on itself and my new happier life will come crashing down.  Maybe this is a unfounded fear but I feel that it is reasonable and the only thing keeping me sane right now. 

   On a completely unrelated note... Today school was evacuated due to a "bomb" scare.  There is a institute for the study of the Civil War in my schools History Department.  They have housed two cannon balls for years but today they decided that they may be dangerous and decided the best thing to do was call in the army to remove the "civil war relics".  Basically our History Department looks ridiculous now because
1.  A cannon ball can't just explode.
2.  We've had it for years.
3.  The news were all over it.
While that story has nothing to do with the topic of today's entry, I found it worthy of writing. 

  Now I'm calling it quits for the night as I am very tired and have work early in the morning. 

A Presto!

1 comment:

  1. Things might come tumbling down any day, but that means you just need to enjoy what you have now that much more. :)

    ReplyDelete